A Year Without a Halloween?

Well, in case you were wondering where the hell I've been...my family and I are about to move! This is, overall, good news. We'll be moving to a better neighborhood, with a MUCH better house to haunt!!

Like most things in life, there is a downside. It appears we will be moving the weekend before Halloween!! ARRRRGH! This means that we won't be able to put out any of our decorations, other than a few Jack O's. You can imagine how distressing this is for me. No graveyard on the lawn, no Grim Reaper hanging from the tree, no spider-webs shrouding our home. Right now, those items are in storage, and it seems pointless to dig them out to only pack them up again. Hey, that coffin is a b!tch to move!!! I'm one sad monster about all this.

Still, this is the sacrifice that must be made for the here-and-now. Will there be no Halloween this year for the Ghastly Gill clan? Of COURSE there will be! We may not be able to turn our house into the usual museum of morbid delights, but we still will dress up and take to the streets! Sure, it won't be the same, but we'll still enjoy ourselves on the High Holiday. Best part about all of this? I'm already planning Halloween 2012!!!

Comments

Johnny Thunder said…
Congrats on the move! As you said, short term it may stink but you're gonna make the best of it!
Guillaume said…
I had a few quasi non-Halloween because I was living abroad so I feel your pain. But even nowadays Halloween night itself is quiet, it is the built up that is really exciting.

Now off to read some ghost stories...
Hey Gilly...I was just thinking lately that I haven't heard much from you. But I've been so busy in the last month of summer and the beginning of the school year at a new school that I haven't had time to check in on anyone lately. I am so happy for you guys to be moving into the new digs. I know how much you wanted to make that move and I'm mondo excited for your beautiful family!

With that being said however....I am also feeling quite sad about you being unable to fully celebrate and enjoy our favorite holiday. Don't you just hate it when something big falls right around Halloween, forcing you to forgo your favorite things?! BUT...a new house in a good location will have to trump Halloween for just this year. Then come next year...look out! You guys will be haunting your new hood! That will be the best. I am wishing you lots of spooky neighbors with which to celebrate year after year! Thanks for checking in and letting us know that you still alive and kickin. And be sure to keep me posted on how the move is going. Say hello to your fam from my clan. I still have to send you the pictures from this summer. :o) Enjoy the season!
The Gill-Man said…
Thanks y'all! I appreciate it!
My condolences...

But maybe... just maybe... this means that you can haunt TWO houses.

Popular Posts