I'm Not Dead....Yet!

Yeah...so, it's been since December of last year that I've blogged. The first half of 2010 has been insane, to say the least. Without boring you to tears with a lengthy description of events, I'll just say that January through March were crazy with stuff at work. March saw me losing my job (despite all the hard work and long hours I was putting in), and I spent most of my time in April looking for employment. I finally landed a new job in May, but with all of the end-of-school-year activities...well...I've barely had time to catch my breath!

I've tried to check in on the blogs I follow, but sitting down to write has just been something I haven't had a moment for. Towards the beginning of the year, I started a novel I had long been formulating, but that too has been put on the back-burner as the result of just not having a moment to myself. The scarecrow I've been working on for my yard haunt sits in pieces in my garage, sadly half-formed. It's truly a sad state of affairs, but this is what happens when you have kids! Of course, I wouldn't trade it for the world...but I'm damned happy the summer has arrived!!! Oh, I'm not enjoying the blistering Texas heat, the ridiculous Houston humidity or the ever-present threat of hurricane season, but I'm happier'n a pig in poop to have school be out! No extra-curricular activities! YAY!

So...my hope is to have more than a couple of blog posts before October. If possible, I'd also like to get my scarecrow assembled, work on my book and actually get some sleep! Here's hoping!!!!

Comments

Well I know that you are busy so you are forgiven for not gracing us with your scaly green presence...ha! But I am glad to know that you are still alive and kicking out there in your black lagoon. And you are right...the end of the year activities are CRAZY! I too am glad for school to be out, but it does make it harder for me to get things done since I work from home. Oh well, like you said....wouldn't trade it for the world! :o)

Popular Posts